See the complete challenge specifics at FCC Simon Game.
Build a CodePen.io app that is functionally similar to this demo.
Fulfill the user stories. Use whichever libraries or APIs you need. Give it your own personal style.
- I am presented with a random series of button presses.
- Each time I input a series of button presses correctly, I see the same series of button presses but with an additional step.
- I hear a sound that corresponds to each button both when the series of button presses plays, and when I personally press a button.
- If I press the wrong button, I am notified that I have done so, and that series of button presses starts again to remind me of the pattern so I can try again.
- I can see how many steps are in the current series of button presses.
- If I want to restart, I can hit a button to do so, and the game will return to a single step.
- I can play in strict mode where if I get a button press wrong, it notifies me that I have done so, and the game restarts at a new random series of button presses.
- I can win the game by getting a series of 20 steps correct. I am notified of my victory, then the game starts over.
This is the solution I’ve submitted using React on CodePen.
If this article was useful to you, please press the button Like or Share! If you have suggestions of improvement or you’ve found something wrong (conceptual or typo), please Comment down here, or feel free to Write me!